RNs, CNAs, Social WorkersFour Seasons
RNs, CNAs & Social Workers!
PRN & Full Time positions available.
Love Where You Work Excellent Pay & Benefits Growth Opportunities
At Four Seasons Compassion for Life, the Hospice Clinical Team Leader is known as the Care Experience Coordinator. This position is responsible for coordinating and managing the service, content, and quality of hospice and palliative care provided to the client and family/caregiver by the Interdisciplinary Group (IDG).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide clinical, administrative, and economic leadership for the interdisciplinary hospice team
- Identify the patient's and family's physical, psychosocial, environmental, safety and developmental needs and individualize the patient's plan of care based on the needs identified.
- Perform an initial assessment and admission of patient to hospice care services
- Ensure an interdisciplinary, patient and family-centered plan of care is developed, implemented, evaluated and revised as needed throughout the course of hospice care.
- Actively participate in continuous quality improvement activities (i.e. quality monitoring, chart audits, PIPs, task forces, etc.) and promote a culture of continuous quality improvement throughout the organization
- Evaluate caseloads of IDG members and make revisions as needed.
- Assess all aspects of the patient's pain and develop an initial, individualized pain management plan, in collaboration with patient, family and physician.
- Facilitate interdisciplinary team (IDT) meetings to establish, review and revise the plan of care for each patient, including exchange of information, review of problems, and optimal interprofessional collaborative processes.
- Ensure up to date patient records are maintained and that problems, plans, interventions, and goals are accurately and clearly stated and changes are reflected as they occur.
- Support the work of the interdisciplinary team through providing direct (face-to-face visits/joint visits) and indirect services (i.e. telephonic support and regular contact) as indicated.
- Support the implementation of care by the IDG to achieve outcomes of comfortable and safe dying, self-determined life closure and effective grieving for patient and family.
- Responsible for maintenance of electronic medical records, assuring accuracy, completeness and compliance with regulations, certification standards, legal and ethical standards.
- Support, instruct and educate the patient, family, and caregiver.
- Coordinate all patient and family services.
- Support the patients and family's unique spiritual and cultural beliefs.
- Practice within scope of practice as outlined by the NC Board of Nursing
- Assumes primary responsibility and accountability for the coordination of the patient's hospice care
- Models excellence in interprofessional collaborative practice and patient and family-centered care delivery
- Demonstrates skill in partnering with patients and families to co-create their desired care experience
- Assists IDG members with problem-solving and implementation of complex plans of care
- Assesses the competencies of clinical team members and ensures care assignments are made based on matching staff skill/competency to patient/family needs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of federal, state and local regulations and Medicare Conditions of Participation
- Knowledge of HIPAA privacy policies and regulations Knowledge of electronic medical records systems
- Basic data entry skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and utilize innovative techniques and ingenuity
- Ability to interact with various departments throughout the organization
- Ability to work flexible hours, if needed Ability to participate as a team player to coordinate projects
- Ability to plan, prioritize and coordinate multiple projects Demonstrates skill expertise in pain and symptom management
Minimum Qualifications: Education:
Bachelors of Science in Nursing or equivalent experience
- Three years nursing experience performing as an RN
- Two years of clinical leadership experience (preferred)
- Case management experience in home-care, medical-surgical. hospice and/or palliative care settings (preferred)
- Demonstrated skill/expertise in pain and symptom management
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate and facilitate the work of an interdisciplinary group
- Demonstrated understanding of reimbursement, regulatory requirements, and Medicare Conditions of Participation
- Licensures & Certifications: (if applicable)
- Valid driver's license and proof of automobile insurance
- Valid NC RN license
- Current Certified Hospice & Palliative Care Nurse (CHPN) certification (preferred)
FLSA Status: Exempt FT, PT, PRN: Full-Time Shift: First/Days On Call Rotation: Emergency/Holiday/Weekend Rotation as needed
APPLY ONLINE: www.fourseasonscfl.org or call (828) 691-6178 for more information