Student Services Office AssistantCleveland Community College
Cleveland Community College is accepting applications for:
Student Services Office Assistant
Statement of Primary Purpose: Perform a variety of technical and administrative support tasks in the maintenance and management of the enrollment process and provide superior service to current and prospective students, and members of the College community.
1. Assist students with answering general Student Services inquiries via telephone, mail, email, and in person.
2. Establish contact in a timely manner (normally within 24-48 hours of receiving admissions application) for assigned new applicants.
3. Prepare and manage correspondence and documents; respond to student inquiries in a timely manner; resolve questions, complaints, or issues concerning services.
4. Provide optimal customer service including, but not limited to, courteous and responsive written and verbal communication. 5. Processes applications for admissions; mail welcome letters/ create electronic academic files for new students.
6. Responsible for downloading and processing applications from CFNC, as well as maintaining the setup of the CFNC web application.
7. Responsible for downloading and scanning high school and college transcripts for evaluation.
8. Process and circulate incoming mail as appropriate.
9. Assist with processing applications, documents, forms, transcripts and other student requests as needed; maintain academic records; process correspondence for new students and missing items.
10. Utilizes our document imaging system to capture student information for permanent record keeping
11. Assist as needed with various federal, state, and institutional reports.
12. Assist as needed with development of student brochures, documents, and materials.
13. Assist with graduation and other College-related duties.
14. Participate in professional and staff development opportunities.
15. Actively participate in Student Services planning, evaluation, and program review.
16. Treat students and colleagues respectfully, speak to others courteously, and behave in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interaction that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
17. Serve on committees as required.
18. Perform other duties as assigned and other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to work effectively and collegially with others.
2. Skill in the use of computers and commitment to use of technology.
3. Experience with current version of MS Office or similar programs.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
5. Provide exceptional customer service with people internal and external to the institution.
6. Familiarity with and appreciation for the mission of a comprehensive community college.
7. Effectiveness in the following College organizational competencies: - Translating College purpose, values, and vision into organizational action - Collaborating and facilitating - Creating and innovating - Anticipating and responding to change - Providing vision and leadership
8. Flexible and adapts to change
9. Ability to multi-task with multiple departments and activities of others.
Qualifications: Associate's degree from an accredited institution.
Cleveland Community College Equal Opportunity Statement Cleveland Community College is committed to equality of opportunity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, or national origin consistent with provisions of applicable state or federal law.