The Charlotte Observer has an exciting opportunity for anto join our dynamic and forward-thinking sales team! We provide the culture, tools, and environment for you to achieve unlimited success by offering great ideas and creation executions to local businesses.
● Responsible for the sales and service of all strategic accounts, as well as development and implementation of innovative advertising solutions for all types of advertising, including display, preprints, digital, niche publications and special sections.
● Provide existing and potential advertisers with current marketing data and strategies to grow market share.
● Position requires an innovative, strategic sales leader.
● Reports to the VP of advertising and is responsible for assisting with special projects as well as the formulation of annual revenue and expense budgets with a vision of long-term sales growth.
● Strategic thinker, forward thinking and able to identify and execute on new revenue initiatives.
● High digital acumen. Working knowledge of budgets and revenue projecting. High level presenter.
● Excel at building partnerships and relationships.
● Thrive in a high pressure, deadline environment.
● 4 year degree in marketing or communications.
● 5+ years in sales/sales management experience, preferably with strategic to include print, preprint and digital revenue.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills, including exceptional negotiating ability.
● Demonstrate ability to motivate employees to achieve goals and objectives
● Computer proficient with a solid foundation of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook/email.
The fulltime position includes a competitive salary, commission program, and a comprehensive benefits package.
The Charlotte Observer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.