Premedia Design SpecialistMcClatchy
The Charlotte Observer has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our dynamic and forward-thinking team as a Premedia Design Specialist. We provide the culture, tools, and environment for you to achieve unlimited success by offering great ideas and creation executions to local businesses.
· Oversee and project-manage digital creative development.
· Build and/or traffic digital banner ads, including rich media, video, landing pages and email blasts.
· Build and/or traffic print ads including direct marketing and sales collateral.
· Make accurate changes to layouts and advertisements.
· Deliver error-free files to end user.
· Coordinate with a variety of staff to ensure all deliverable, drop date and/or press deadlines are met.
· Must be able to prioritize workload effectively as well as demonstrate the ability to work under pressure and on tight deadlines without compromising performance or accuracy.
· Qualified candidates must have a working knowledge of graphic design principles, and various page layouts, illustration, and photographic editing software packages and web page design.
· Must be a highly creative individual and excellent attention to detail.
· Strong leadership, project management, and communication skills.
· Comfortable working on digital & print projects that include building/layout of advertisements & designing sales collateral.
· Bachelor's degree preferred.
· 5+ years of graphic design experience in graphic design.
· Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Miro Video Converter and other Windows and Mac based computer software to assist with making layout (graphic & text) revision, photos, editing videos for digital banners, video pre-roll & vector drawing with an eye for detail.
· Strong leadership, project management and communication skills.
The fulltime position includes a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. The Charlotte Observer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.