Power System DispatcherCube Hydro Carolinas LLC
Cube Hydro Carolinas, LLC is looking for a Power System Dispatcher.
The position is responsible for operating Cube Hydro Carolinas generation and transmission facilities continuously to a safe, reliable, and economical power generation schedule. This position is responsible for operating the CHC transmission and generation in a manner that ensures a supply of reliable power, while simultaneously maintaining the interconnected power system interchange integrity with a high degree of safety for maintenance and production personnel, generating, transmission, and distribution equipment. Ensure the operation of assets adhere to regional SERC, NERC and FERC compliance standards and is consistent with best utility practice.
Essential Knowledge & Skills/Education
- Minimum of two (2) years in power system operations or related field experience or knowledge received through formal education, training and/or experience operating and/or maintaining power facilities.
- Knowledge of Cyber-security best practices, FERC, NERC, SERC compliance requirements, as well as, other federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
- Experience in a control center environment in support of day-to-day electric operations preferred.
- Job requires strict adherence to Safety and System Operating procedures.
- Must have excellent computer, communication, and human relations skills, and be capable of functioning calmly in emergency situations.
- Must be able to perform independently under all operating conditions.
- May require working rotating shifts, working outside of normal work hours in storm and/or high system outage situations. This position is in a control room environment and requires continual monitoring of various computer software to evaluate system needs.
- NERC RC Certified
To apply, email email@example.com